Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gloria...

Thanks for Joining me!

Let me start off by saying that I am obviously a virgin to the blog world. So I guess this is my coming out, per-say, or my deflowering? Whatever floats your boat. My name is Jeff Kim and I was recently looking for an outlet for all the thoughts that run through my mind that are left unheard. So lets start off with a story about my Wednesday afternoon of May 4th. Starts off as any normal day would begin; wake up, shower, down a quick bowl of Cheerios and out the door for my 9:30 Speech Class. I walk into class only to find 2 other classmates and Gloria...
For those of you who have ever thought that you had the most annoying  classmate, you are sadly mistaken!!!

Meet Gloria, definitely a 55+ year old woman, who looks like she needs more protein in her diet. I swear, this woman can talk you away even if you aren't reciprocating the social contact. All the early birds nab the seats in the back furthest away from Gloria, in fear that she'll talk our ears off. Even though she purists with her never ending cluster of speech. So my punishment for arriving at class 10 minutes early at 9:20 is obviously to listen to this woman yap about whats going on in her life. Within that 10 minutes she rambled through the topics of manic depressive disorders, whether or not she had cancer from standing next to her microwave, and how she got into a court case ordeal with her physician, because he had recommended she get a pap smear. Sexual harassment Gloria?! I don't think so... You are in that period of your life when these things are mandatory for optimum living. Miss "failed to join the military cause they didn't want her" Gloria, I try an understand where you come from- seeing that's so easy to do since our one and a half hour class session is basically your mode of therapy. I feel for you. Having suffered a major car accident (Hit by a car and getting t-boned), which lead to her losing custody of her kids would not be an easy life, let me tell you. I really do think that she has some mental issues-maybe from the car accident- ,but who's to say that?

Anyways, I had a panel discussion that afternoon about tax reforms for American Citizens that go to the aid of others in need. Don't get me wrong, these aid programs (such as the WIC Program for Pregnant Teens, Financial Aid, and Immigration) serve a great purpose. They've been implemented into our society to help keep the flow balanced. You should know as well as me that America is in the middle of a Class War; where capitalism is only leading to a bigger gap between classes. With the deficit between Upper Class and Lower Class growing exponentially, where does that leave the Middle Class? During the discussion, I argued against these reforms, which was a little difficult to do because I know these programs are essential to many. So I stood by the argument that there is too many people defrauding the system, working through worm holes, to earn free money. You and I both know more than a handful of peers who have cheated the Financial Aid programs, claiming to be an independent, when in actuality their living free of rent in the parents home with their brand new Infinity Coup parked right out front. The reality is, America is a society based on Cheating.

Well, I think that's enough for today.
Thanks for Listening and if you have the same thoughts, Let them be heard!


So the thoughts gone unheard for today: (1) New Blog! (2) Class with Gloria = Not Fun! (3) Living in a world full of Cheaters only leads to more cheaters


P.S Here is what Gloria would kinda look like if she wore a little make up, cheesing shirts, and had orange hair... I guess this isn't a clear depiction of Gloria at all.... O well. This lady is U.G.L.Y. ugly. The kinda ugly that makes me want to run away, but smile and wonder just to what goes through her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment